It's been a while since we have mentioned anything about buying 'the' boat. Perhaps we are feeling a little sheepish for fear of subjecting you to the emotional roller coaster we have been on. It was a devastating blow when we lost "Emerald". However, we didn't dwell on our bad luck too long. We have picked ourselves up and are feeling quite confident that she wasn't the boat for us. I won't go so far as to say it was divine intervention or fate, only because we haven't actually closed on a deal yet.
In the past couple of weeks, we have found 2 boats that we like better and have put an offer on both of them (not at the same time, of course). The first one was nice but after a closer look by our surveyor, it may or may not have needed more work (engine, sail drives & rigging to name a few). We were going to do a full survey until the second boat came on the market. On paper, it has had more work done already (new sails, new rigging, new generator etc.) and has more of the items on our wish list. Before we go into too much detail about everything she has going for her, we will just say that Craig is headed to Florida again next week for the survey and sea trial. Once that proves to be successful, then we will spill the beans with the details and pictures. I know, I know, it's just as hard for me to wait as it is you!